1. Until recently, anytime I was on camera, I had to wear a high neck shirt, because I would be so nervous that I'd break out in a full body rash
2. I’ve always had a crush on my husband, and remember every time I saw him during my adult life. Because he is 13 years older than me, I always called him my “old man crush”. The fact that he's now my husband, still blows my mind.
3. Everyone thought that he pursued me, but when I heard that he was on the market, I made the first move.
4. I’ve convinced myself that pizza is a healthy choice – don’t ruin it for me.
5. I grew up living with my Dad, while my brother and sisters lived with my Mom and visited us on the weekends. For the longest time, I referred to them as “the kids”
6. A couple of months before my husband and I went on our first date, a psychic told me that I would be engaged to a man with kids by the end of the year. I chalked the session up as a waste of $60 bucks, because there was no way I was crazy enough to marry a man with kids. Less than a year later, my husband and I were engaged,
7. I buy lottery tickets every single week and am convinced that someday I’ll be a winner.
8. I have to sleep on a full stomach. I eat a big bowl of cereal in bed most nights of the week.
9. I didn’t realize my parent’s divorce bothered me until I was an adult and about to get married myself. I choose to go to counselling to work through some of my “stuff”.
10. When I was growing up I was a major Tom Boy. In fact, I signed a contract with my dad stating that I wouldn't wear a dress to my grade 8 graduation. I broke the contract.
11. I overflow my coffee cup up almost every single day. (I like to make sure that I get as much coffee in the mug as possible.)
12. I used to be 40lbs bigger than I am now. Actually 34 (I’ve gained a few this summer)
13. I didn’t think anyone would read this blog, and started it more as a personal outlet for myself. The direction that it has taken, still surprises me to this day!
14. One of my biggest regrets in life is choosing a guy over one of my best friends. Obviously, the friendship was over, and my friendships with our mutual friends changed too. To this day, it still makes me sad.
15. After University, I spent time at a grassroots orphanage in Kenya. I left a little piece of my heart there. When I win the lottery, I’m going I’m going to create a foundation that provides education to youth in Africa.
16. I always thought I’d adopt a child from Africa. It’s still not off the table.
17. I never felt pretty or confident in myself until I started dating my husband.
18. My stepchildren and I are all quite close, but I can count on the number of times I’ve hugged them. I’m not a touchy feely person, and we don't have that type of relationship.
19. I'm 100% against bangs, mostly because I was also traumatized by the bangs I was given as a child. Took me years to grow those babies out!
20. I'm more comfortable and confident in my 30's than I've ever been in my entire life.
21. My husband calls me the most unorganized, organized person he knows. He's probably right.
22. I wanted desperately to name our daughter a unisex name. My husband wasn't on board. We finally agreed on Reese, not knowing that it is ACTUALLY unisex!
23. I don't experience a lot of the "Mom Guilt" that everyone else talks about. I don't buy into that crap. I do the best I can, and when I know better I do better. That's all that any of us can do.
24. Even though I am on it everyday, the pressure to post regularly on social media stresses me out.
25. I used to judge parents for being behind on their kid's baby books.... Reese is three, and I I still haven't completed hers.
Whew! That was easy than I thought it would be.
If you have anything else you'd like to ask me, leave them in the comments below!!
I'm doing a Q&A next week!