De-clutter. When we hear that word, we immediately think of de-cluttering our house. You know, organizing & purging! Getting our life together! But what about the other clutter that’s stopping us from being at our best?
Over the past few months, I’ve spent a lot of time reflecting on the type of people I have in my life, and the type of people I want to surround myself with. Now more than ever, I have come to realize the power of surrounding yourself with positive, empowering and supportive people.
Since discovering this, I’ve consciously made the decision to cut the a-holes in my life. With this decision, my family has become happier, and the vibes around us have been much more positive!
However, there is a bit of a problem. It’s really easy to say you’re not going to deal with the a-holes and only surround yourself with positive people – but that’s not always possible. Sometimes you absolutely have to deal with people who are difficult, gossipy or negative. You cannot simply say you’re not going to communicate or associate with them. They are in your life and there is nothing you can do about it!
So what do you do with the a-holes you can’t ditch? Well all have them. Whether they be a family member, ex partner, boss, even someone in your circle of friends. We all have a-holes in our lives. And unless we find a way to deal with them, they are going to bring us down!
5 WAYS TO DEAL WITH THE A-HOLES IN YOUR LIFE
1. Minimize contact to what is absolutely necessary! Don’t go out of your way to communicate. This leaves less room conflict, craziness or any stress that is associated with your involvement with them!
2. Remember that there are just some people in this world who love conflict & negativity and love to stir up sh*t. They get off on it and there is nothing anyone can do about it. Don’t try to reason with them! You’ll just enhance their buzz.
3. Remember the way people treat you is more about them than it is about you. So ask yourself, what does your reaction to them say about the person you are?
4. Let karma do its job. That saying “what goes around comes around” has a whole lot of truth to it. It’s all about the law of attraction. People who are consumed with negativity, gossip, conflict, and other people’s problems always get what they deserve
5. Kill them with niceness! No matter what happens, or what anyone says or does to you, stay true to your own values. You don’t want karma to come after you too!
Seriously though, have you ever thought about all the time and energy you put into thinking about the negativity in your life?
Or have you ever thought about the time and energy you’ve put into worrying about judgmental people? Or those who cause you un-needed stress?
Add up all the time.
Is it worth it?
No, I don’t think it is!
Life is too short, and too full of amazing people to waste time…
Surround yourself with the people who bring out the best of you.
And minimize the time spent with those who don’t.